As mobility insurance specialists, we understand how important your mobility is to you. This is why our Comprehensive Mobility Scooter Insurance Policy is designed around your needs to keep you moving. The benefits provided by the insurance include:
Accidental Loss and Damage in Australia
- Repair or replacement of a damaged mobility scooter
- Loss or damage by fire to your mobility scooter
- Loss or damage by theft/vandalism to your mobility scooter
- Loss or damage by flood to your mobility scooter1
- Equipment Accessories – cover for loss, theft or damage up to $500
- Third party injury cover2: protects you if you hit and injure somebody while using your mobility scooterThird party property cover: protects you if you hit and damage somebody’s property while using your mobility scooter
- Personal items that get lost, stolen or damaged while using your mobility scooter
- Costs incurred to get you and/or your mobility scooter home following accident
- ‘New for old’ mobility scooter replacement for a total loss for mobility scooters up to 2 years old, from new
- Temporary insurance cover for replacement mobility scooter whilst yours is being repaired
- Daily hospital incidentals cash benefit if you are injured following an accident while using your mobility scooter
- Distress payment following physical assault while using your mobility scooter
- Cover any legal user you authorise to use your mobility scooter, not just yourself
- Lump sum payment (to your estate) if you die due to an injury sustained while using your mobility scooter
- Cover whilst being transported overseas by air or sea
- Automatic 21 days overseas cover for:
- Accidental loss, damage or theft
- Injury to other people (excluding USA and Canada)
- Damage to other people’s property
- Repairer network for fast and fair claims handling
- Approved repair costs paid direct to repairer, so you won’t need to pay for repairs and wait to be reimbursed
25% of mobility scooter users have had an accident while using their mobility scooter3
While your mobility scooter might be safe, its environment may not be. Everyday obstacles can create dangerous situations and, unfortunately, accidents happen.
Our research found that approximately 25% of all mobility scooter users have had an accident at some point, revealing the risks faced when getting around.
Surprisingly, up to 46% of mobility scooter owners were at risk – having no mobility scooter insurance.
It is also important to know that Household Contents policies may not cover mobility scooters when used outside of the home, leaving you exposed.
Now you can protect yourself against the costs associated with mobility scooter accidents with comprehensive and affordable cover through Blue Badge Insurance.